New York State recognizes that DSRIP healthcare system transformation will influence our workforce. FLPPS Workforce initiatives are divided into two discrete elements:
- Workforce data analytics and reporting for submission to NYS and
- FLPPS strategy for transformation of the workforce in support of DSRIP goals.
FLPPS Workforce Operational Workgroup (WOW), along with Workforce vendor, Deloitte Consulting, completed development of tools and processes for the first element, data collection required by NYS, which includes:
- Workforce Strategy Spending Report
- Workforce Staff Impact Analysis
- New Hire Analysis
- Compensation and Benefits Analysis
The FLPPS Workforce Strategy, completed by the WOW, includes essential workforce components which will help drive our Partnership’s goals of system transformation, clinical improvement and population health enhancement. The three anticipated areas where there is a critical need to expand and develop the regional healthcare workforce, which have been identified through a quantitative and qualitative gap analysis are: Primary Care, Behavioral Health and Care Management.